What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is installed in the browser of your computer or mobile device by a website’s server when you consult a website. The cookie contains a unique code which makes it possible for your browser to be recognized when you visit the website (“session” cookies) or during subsequent, repeated visits (“permanent” cookies). Cookies can be installed by the server of the website you visit or by partners of that website. A website’s server can only read the cookies it has installed itself, and has no access to other information found in your computer or mobile device. Cookies are stored in the folder of your browser on your computer or mobile device. A cookie usually consists of the name of the server that placed the cookie, an expiry date, and a unique number code. Cookies generally make the interaction between the visitor and the website faster and easier, and help the visitor navigate between the different parts of a website. Cookies can also be used to make the content or advertisement on a website more relevant for the visitor, and can be adapted to his personal taste and needs.
Cookies used on the Telindus Luxembourg website
Different kinds of cookies are used on Telindus Luxembourg website.
1. Necessary cookies
These cookies are indispensable for visiting our websites and using certain parts of the websites. For instance, they allow you to navigate between the different parts of the website and fill in forms. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the website will not work, or will not work optimally.
2. Functional cookies
Functional cookies are cookies that make it easier for our websites to work, make them more pleasant for visitors, and ensure that you have a more personalized browsing experience. For example, these cookies can remember your language choice or whether you were already asked to participate in a survey so that you are not asked again the next time you visit the website.
3. Performance cookies
We use performance cookies to obtain information about visitors’ use of our websites, in order to improve the content of our websites, adapt them to the wishes of visitors, and make them more user-friendly. For instance, there is a cookie that counts the number of unique visitors, and a cookie that keeps track of the most popular pages.
You can refuse the installation of cookies via your browser settings. You can also remove cookies already installed on your computer or mobile device at any time.
1. Information we Collect
We Collect Information:
- Which you give to us on applications, surveys, registration forms, etc.
- Which you give to us when you make a purchase, or other account information such as credit card usage.
- Which others give to us to make sure that the data you provide is accurate and up-to-date.
- This may include information about you from employers.
- On seminars or other events where there is an exchange of visiting cards.
We Treat these Information:
- To ensure the delivering of the requested services and products.
- To execute a sales contract.
- To optimaly organize an event.
- To inform you about news from Telindus, new technologies, new services…
- To process transactions (purchase/account data).
- To respond to your inquiries.
We Keep these Information:
- As long as legally required (accounting data, contracts….).
- As long as the duration of the trade relation.
- Certain contact information for canvassing are held in our databases until you inform us that you don’t want to be contacted by us anymore.
2. How we Share Information
- We share information between Telindus’ affiliates in Luxembourg.
- To respond to your enquiries, it can happen that we share personal information with our partners, our parent company (Telindus Group), or other Telindus offices in Europe. This is done when they perform services on our behalf.
3. How we Protect Information
We strive to protect your data and safeguard it from unauthorized individuals. We commit ourselves to the ISO quality certification what expresses our responsibility on processing data in a safe and secure way.
4. Data Quality and Access
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to us. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that Telindus maintains about you, since you are entitled to reviewing, amending and removing your personal data. Should you want to see any information we have about you or do you want to execute your rights, please contact us directly.
5. Online Specific Statement
Telindus is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
Collection of data for statistics and reporting
When you link up to the Telindus website to view information or to download files we automatically collect the following data:
- Type of domain name used to gain access to the Internet (f.e. .com, .org).The IP address attributed during the connection.
- Date and time of access to the site.
- Duration of site/page visit.
- Browser used.
- The operating system or platform installed on your personal computer or the access device used.
- Search engine and meta tags used to track the Telindus website on the web.
- Type and nature of files or information that has been downloaded.
- These log files are intended to map the number of visitors on various sections of our website and to continuously improve the content of the site.
A cookie is a small data file that certain websites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you’ve visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. When accessing information stored in a database format, a basic version of cookies is used to transfer an answer to the user who has initiated a question. Nowhere on the Telindus site however are cookies being used that store specific information on the user or surfer. Cookies on the Telindus site serve a more functional purpose i.e. they are generated by an IIS web server (Internet Information Server), stored in the memory of the browser implicating they disappear once the browser session has been terminated.
Links to external sites
Applications, surveys, registration forms
Telindus has to collect certain information in order to be able to provide all requested services. Compulsory indications will be expressly highlighted in applications, surveys, registration forms…
6. Contact Information
You are welcome to give us your comments about this privacy statement, please contact us by:
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +352 45 09 15 -1
Postal mail to: Telindus S.A. B.P. 39 L-8001 STRASSEN
Tango’s Products and Services
Telindus S.A. commercializes Tango’s services and products, in this respect, any related specific legal terms and conditions are available on the Tango S.A. website (http://www.tango.lu/fr/professionnel/support/conditions-generales), and include roaming and Net Neutrality specific terms (www.tango.lu/internetpolicy).